We've all heard that saying before haven't we? "You are what you eat." Well the unfortunate (or fortunate) news is that it's true. We ARE what we eat.
Remember when you were young and "could eat anything you wanted" without having your body morph into that Hostess Twinkie or Dunkin' Doughnut?
Well think again. Whether it takes a year or two or twenty it WILL catch up with you. The damage from eating all of that bad food has been done and there will absolutely be some negative affects as a result. Setting yourself up and your children with good eating habits can be at once both difficult and easy.
I was born in the heyday of the TV dinner. Fast foods and what we now label processed foods were all the rage. Women were finding themselves back in the workplace and these kinds of foods became the norm. They were fast, easy to prepare and filled a need. Since then the processing of foods has skyrocketed and now there are many products on our grocery store shelves that should not even be categorized as foods. These chemically laden, genetically modified products have created an epidemic for our population of obesity, diabetes, cancers, cardiovascular disease, etc.
I'm probably not telling you anything that you don't already know but what are you going to do about it for YOURSELF? Do you want to continue down that road or do you want to turn the corner and create a life that is full of joy, creativity, vitality, health and longevity.
Not only do the foods you eat influence the way your body functions and looks but more importantly they influence your moods, your outlook on life, even the way you think. Clean food helps for clear thinking.
At 51, with two children ages 5 and 8 I can't afford to have my body breaking down. They for sure keep me on my toes and I have to make sure that I can keep up with them.
I've been following the BroadwayFit/3X Weight Loss program now for the past year and a half and I can't tell you how my energy has massively increased. 3X is based on a double blind clinical study and gives you step by step instructions and video tutorials on how to change your lifestyle by educating you in how foods affect your body.
In the program you get a mind blowing Academy that will shift your viewpoint on how to fuel your body appropriately. For instance did you know that ingesting any sugar at all, even just one glass of wine, will set you back 3 days from burning fat? Did you know that exercising when your body is not proofed up nutritionally can be more harmful then beneficial? You have to reduce the inflammation first.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge advocate of exercise but if you have a lot of weight to lose you need to reduce inflammation first. You need to get rid of the bad fats and replace it with the good fats first. You will learn all this and more in the 3X Academy.
For those looking to lose weight this program hands down will help you accomplish that in the healthiest, most sane way possible. For those who just want to be healthy then it's for you too. Please check out www.BroadwayFit.com for access to 3X. Watch the intro videos and if you have any questions you can email me here.
Remember it's "Never Too Late"! It starts with you. Take Action and change your life today!
Recipe for the week
Take Carbs to Task with this amazing Paleo Cauliflower Rice!
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Chop the cauliflower into florets. Working in batches, pulse a few florets at a time in a food processor or blender ( I use my NutriBullet) until the cauliflower pieces are the size and shape of rice (be careful not to over-blend!). Set the riced cauliflower aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until the onions are just softened. Add the riced cauliflower and stir well.
3. Add the sea salt and pepper and stir to combine. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly tender but not mushy.
4. Place the cauliflower in serving bowl and toss with the freshly chopped parsley. Taste and add additional sea salt and pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!